Toronto Street Medical Centre
Family Health Organization
29, Toronto Street South Suite 202
We are a group of Family Physicians serving Uxbridge and surrounding areas over 35 years.
Dr. Terry F. Bryon, MD
Dr. Vara Mahadevan MPC, MD; CCFP
Dr. Spencer Chau, MD; CCFP &
Dr. Patricia Wong, MD; CCFP
Dr. Michael Kim, MD; CCFP
Dr. Brian Batten, MD
ER Physician / Nursing Home
Natasha Remtulla, RN(EC)
After Hours Clinic
Only for ROSTERED patients with TSMC
If your Family Doctor is:
Dr.Bryon, Dr.Vara, Dr. Chau/Dr.Wong or Dr.Kim
FIRST, please call the office.
We will do our best to accommodate an urgent appointment with your regular family physician.
If they are not available, you will be provided an appointment time for the after hours clinic.
Please note, if the after hours clinic has reached maximum capacity, you may not be seen.
Please call first!
Monday – Thursday*
9:00 – 9:30 am
5:00 – 7:30 pm
9:00 – 11:30 am
*Hours may be subject to change.
Common Symptoms of COVID-19:
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- runny nose
People aged 65 and over, with compromised immune systems and with underlying medical issues are at highest risk of severe outcomes.
If you think you may have COVID-19:
- Most people if infected with COVID-19 will likely have mild symptoms. Stay home, drink plenty of fluids, take acetaminophen as needed and self-isolate to prevent spreading to others. However, if your symptoms are worsening, please seek medical care and follow the strict policies in place to protect you and your healthcare providers.
- Get tested:
COVID ASSESSMENT CENTRES
To find an assessment centre, use this link: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/assessment-centre-locations/
- Markham-Stouffville Hospital
- All patients must pre-register: call 905-472-7670
- 381 Church St, Markham ON L3P 7P3
- Weekdays 9am -7pm (Pre-registration 8am-6pm)
- Weekends 9am – 5pm (Pre-registration 8am-4pm)
- Lakeridge Health – Oshawa
- By Appointment only: Form here
- 1 Hospital Court, Oshawa ON L1G 2B9
- Weekdays 9am-9pm
- Weekends 8am-4pm
- Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Ross Memorial Hospital COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- No appointment necessary – testing is a ‘drive-thru’ model
- 10 Angeline Street North, Lindsay ON K9V 4M8
- Mon-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm
If you have worsening symptoms and are not coping at home:
Please go to your closest Emergency Department or dial 9-1-1.
If you are a traveller returning from international travel:
- Isolate at home for 14 days. See instructions HERE and for caregivers HERE.
- Monitor yourself for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Use this SELF-ASSESSMENT TOOL to help you guide if you need further care HERE.
- Contact Durham Region Health Department at 905-668-2020 or 1-800-841-2729 for more information.
What can I do to protect myself and others?
- Practice good hand hygiene:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Do not touch your face, nose, mouth or eyes
- Clean and/or sanitize items and surfaces that are touched often – handles, doorknobs, keyboards, phones
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue; discard in wastebasket lined with plastic bag
- If no tissue is available; cough into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hand.
- Wear a mask:
Your face covering should cover your nose, mouth and chin.
- Practice social distancing
- Limit face-to-face encounters
- Keep a distance of about 2 meters between yourself and others
- Work from home if possible
- Avoid large gatherings
- Send one person per household to buy groceries once per week
- Avoid visiting at hospitals, group homes and senior’s homes if you are unwell
- Be prepared: have basic food supplies, canned/frozen foods, diapers and wipes if you have children and other basic household item
- Wash laundry thoroughly